Once and Still is hitting the road!
This July we'll be heading out in a 1998 Chevy Tahoe (his name is Walter) for an epic, most likely life-changing road trip across Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, all the way up the coast of California, Oregon and up to Seattle.
Ever wanted to do something totally crazy (like maybe, I don't know... ... start your own blog about the theology of stories?) but felt all alone and in need of some mentors to ask for advice? Or others who share some of the way you see the world? Yeah, us, too. That's part of why we're going.
We're stopping along the way to visit creatives and writers, interviewing them about what they do and how they do it, and, of course, sharing what we learn with you! Together we can meet some amazing people, learn from their experiences, and build community with other artists who happen to be Christian.
The purpose of the trip is two-fold:
- To learn from other creative entrepreneurs as we embark on this exciting new venture together as husband and wife business partners
- To jump into Once and Still's purpose and start telling stories (including ours) on a new adventure!
It's all new and a bit intimidating to us, but we're taking a leap and are really excited to share stories, thoughts and insights with you as we go along the coast.
We've got an incredible line-up of creatives to interview! We think they're awesome, and we know you will, too. We'll be sharing more about them over the next few weeks, so don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to stay tuned!
Here are some of the topics and questions we'll be discussing:
- The many kinds of creativity in our little images of God
- What does it mean to be an artist that is also Christian?
- Why does art matter?
- The awkwardness of making money with a faith-based business
- What does success look like for your business?
- How has God lead you in your business?
- Keeping the focus on God when you're marketing your handiwork
- What does it mean to be called by God?
- Other things we couldn't fit here
- Also, you can send us your questions!
Sound like your kind of adventure?
It's hard feeling alone, and it's important to find other people who are working through the same things. If you, like us, have been asking any of these questions, this trip is for you, too. We'd love to have you join us by signing up for our newsletter--which is about as close as we can get to fitting you all in the car with us (we would if we could). Joining our tribe means you're family.
Here are some of the special ways our newsletter family is connected:
- a weekly blog post delivered to your inbox
- exclusive access to a question submission page so you can be part of the interviews
- the first 25 people to join will each receive a small package of souvenirs we find along the way (most likely doodled on by Gracie)
- trip hilights and contests from our other social media platforms, all in one place
- you'll be notified the second the Once and Still shop is open
- coupons and special deals for the shop
- exclusive behind-the-scenes peeks into our studio
- and a few other little freebies and extras!
What do you think?
We hope so.
Make your calendars for the start of a crazy adventure July 5th, 2015!